The common risk of unmaintained gas appliances is carbon monoxide poisoning, something that can have devastating and fatal effects. To maintain your gas appliances, you’ll need to use the services of a certified Gas Safe engineer. A Gas Safe engineer goes through rigorous training and checks to make sure they know exactly what they’re doing when it comes to checking gas appliances, helping to keep your home safe. For further details on the Gas Safe Register, please click here.
A Gas Safe engineer will undertake various checks to make sure that your appliances are in full working condition. This includes:
- Checking each appliance is in fully working condition
- Checking that each appliance is situated in a safe place
- Checking that appropriate and sufficient ventilation is in place
- Ensuring that all safety devices are in full working condition
- Testing of the gas consumption and/or gas pressure to ensure it is operating correctly
- Checking for any signs of wear, corrosion or other damage to the appliance
- Undertaking a ‘flue combustion test’, ensuring the engineer can see whether carbon monoxide is being produced.
All of our engineers are Gas Safe registered. We understand the importance of this and we strive to keep your property in the safest condition, therefore we invest time to make sure all of our engineers are fully certified before undertaking any gas related work.
During an annual check, our engineer will perform a full gas safety inspection for your property to make sure all is in working order. Once complete, you’ll be provided with a ‘Gas Safety Report’ which details everything regarding the gas safety inspection. Within this report you’ll find:
- What appliances have been checked and their location
- Any work that’s required/has been carried out
- Details that the work that has been undertaken meets the correct standards
- When the next service is required
If you’re a landlord, we can provide you with a Landlord Gas Safety Certificate on completion of the check to help you keep on top of your legal requirements as a landlord.
If you’re looking for a gas appliance service or a gas safety check for your property, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Our team of experienced and professional engineers will be more than happy to help you and ensure that your gas appliances are working safely. For any questions you may have, please don’t hesitate to let us know. We’ll be happy to help as much as we can!